I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Blow Me

Our President, during yesterday's "major policy address" (which turned out to be an hour-long stump speech.)

When my opponent first ran for Congress, he argued that American troops should be deployed only at the directive of the United Nations.

Matt Yglesias pretty much sums this one up.

This is a bit rich coming from a candidate who brushed off allegations that he was a cocaine addict at the time with the argument that "when I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible." Is that a flip-flop on the advisability of blow? Not to mention the whole fraught issue of what, exactly, Bush was up to during the early 1970s while thousands of American conscripts were dying in a war Lt. Bush supported but couldn't be bothered to fight. He's really a repugnant individual. He's got a bit of a character problem, I would say.


|