I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Zero Hour II or Fuck Bush All Over Again

There was never any time for pity, and the moment for anger has passed. Now is about starting again and building something better. Something more powerful. In just two years, grassroots Democrats were able to construct a media noise machine that rivaled -- and nearly defeated -- it's corporate-funded Republican counterpart (which had the added benefit of a thirty-year head start.) In the days to come, we will learn how to better grow and employ this machine, so that in 2006, all you hear are the sweet sounds of (capital D) Democracy.

For me, that means getting more involved, especially on a local level. Running this blog (essentially for friends and family) and campaigning on my own for Kerry was clearly not enough. I could, and should have, done more. That mistake will never happen again.

Right now, the bulletin boards at Daily Kos are abuzz with talk of how we are going to grow this son of a bitch into a monster so big that it can never be destroyed. (Kind of like Mecha-Godzilla.)

That's where I need to be.


|