I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Monday, November 01, 2004

Big Shot


"Has anyone seen
my forehead?"


A things fall apart reader, (okay my brother) notes in
this post that I may have overlooked the real hero in Maryland's Saturday victory over Florida State.

Ergo, with apologies to the Statham family, we run this belated tribute. Create your own scenarios, but I like to imagine Joel "Big Shot" Statham serenading a teary-eyed Chris Rix (who just had to stick his two cents in on Saturday) right after the game's conclusion.

Well, it's no big sin to stick your two cents in
If you know when to leave it alone
But you went over the line
You couldn't see it was time to go home
No, no, no, no, no, no, you had to be a big shot, didn't you
You had to open up your mouth
You had to be a big shot, didn't you
All your friends were so knocked out
You had to have the last word, last night
So much fun to be around
You had to have a white hot spotlight
You had to be a big shot last night


*sniff sniff* "I had to be a big shot, didn't I?"

|