I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Friday, January 14, 2005

Hughes = Huge

My cleverness is as unrivaled as the greatness of Larry Hughes.

MILWAUKEE, Jan. 14 -- The Washington Wizards were tied with the Milwaukee Bucks in the closing seconds when guard Larry Hughes slowly dribbled the ball left to right, between his legs, and left to right again. Hughes glared at his defender, Bucks forward Desmond Mason, then glanced at the clock as the final seconds ticked off, and continued to dribble. "I looked up at the clock at four -- and just took off," Hughes said. Mason "didn't know which way I was going and once I took off, I saw his feet cross back. So, I just kept going."

Hughes kept going until he sank a layup off the backboard with seven-tenths of a second remaining to give his team a 105-103 win at Bradley Center.

|