I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Digging Up Corpses

This is a review of the Batman: Year One script proposed by Darren Aronofsky. I thought this would have been a cool direction for the franchise to go after Batman and Robin; now, not so much.

I know WB didn’t like this script at all and I certainly feel the better interpretation of Batman is the one that’s making it to the silver screen – it’s probably worth realizing that this movie off the back of Batman & Robin would have pretty much buried the Batman franchise completely. If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure. Batman: Year One is what happens when you hire a filmmaker who is all too willing to ignore the history of an iconic character in order to accomplish his vision.

|