I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Friday, June 18, 2004

Profiles In Idiocy

Via Pandagon, more proof of liberal bias on college campuses.

If I may, a few changes to Mr. Adams' parable:

“A woman invaded Iraq only to later realize that it would not be the 'cakewalk' she had predicted. She spotted a man on the street and shouted to him, ‘Excuse me, can you help me? I just invaded Iraq an hour ago and things aren't going as well I thought.’ The man consulted his Blackberry and replied, ‘That's because Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction, Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden met a few times in the mid 1990s but nothing ever came of it, and additionally, one needs only to look toward British attempts to occupy the area to discover that the Iraqi people have strong nationalistic roots.'

She rolled her eyes and said, ‘You must be from the UN.’

‘I am,’ replied the man. ‘How did you know?’

‘Well,’ answered the woman, ‘everything you have told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I still want to continue my invasion of Iraq. Frankly, you’ve not been much help to me.’

The man smiled and said, ‘You must be from the Bush Administration.’

‘I am,’ replied the woman. ‘How did you know?’

‘Well,’ said the man, ‘you don’t know where you are or where you are going. You’ve risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You’re in exactly the same position you were in before we met but, somehow, it’s my fault.’”

We learned a lot from Mr. Wright that day. Before we went home, Mr. Wright said that he was going to come back the next day and teach us about school vouchers. But for some reason we never had Mr. Wright as a substitute teacher again. And we never invaded a Middle Eastern country without cause again.


By the way Jesse, how's Dodgeball?

|