I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Thursday, September 02, 2004

If There's A Bigger Ass Than Zell Miller...

I haven't met him.

Turncoat Senator Zell Miller (D-GA) imploded last night on Hardball, following his convention speech.

NOTE: Due to where the "Applause" lines are inserted in the transcript, it may seem like the crowd was cheering for Zell; however, poking around the rest of the text -- and elsewhere online -- it appears the audience was mostly liberal, and cheered whenever Matthews challenged the Senator.

MATTHEWS: Senator, please.

MILLER: You know, I wish we...

(CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)

MILLER: I wish we lived in the day where you could challenge a person to a duel.

(LAUGHTER)

MILLER: Now, that would be pretty good.
Don't ask me, don't pull that...

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: Can you can come over? I need you, Senator. Please come over.

MILLER: Wait a minute. Don't pull that kind of stuff on me, like you did that young lady [ed. -- Michele Malkin] when you had her there, browbeating her to death. I am not her. I am not her.

(CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: Let me tell you, she was suggesting that John Kerry purposely shot himself to win a medal. And I was trying to correct the record.

MILLER: You get in my face, I am going to get back in your face.

(CROSSTALK)

MILLER: The only reason you are doing it is because you are standing way over there in Herald Square.

Could one classify this as "pulling an O'Reilly"?

O'REILLY: That's true. Now, if I sounded angry, I was. Imagine sitting next to somebody calling you a liar for that period of time. If that happened 200 years ago, there would have been a duel, and trust me, he [ed. -- Al Franken] would have lost.

|