I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Monday, June 21, 2004

Walking In Memphis

Memphis Bleek catches a lot of flak, some of it well deserved. For one, the closest he'll ever get to the title "dopest emcee" is standing next to him onstage. However, if you're looking for a good summer jam, with a classic "fuck you" verse, this works fine.

Yo, yo, yo, yo-

The only thing Bleek spinning/is them chrome wheels spinning/on them new rims/Home suspended from school again/I'm grown/still ill/ladies love the vehicle/like Bleek, can I feel up on your wood and grill?/It's a hood thing/wood grain/off the chain/She give me good brain/Love the way I push my slang/Callin' ma jack/soon as they hop in my V/They catch a contact/high, smoke all in they weave/Bet'cha man can't do it like this/like this/I bet his wrists ain't bluish like this/ like this/And I'm from Marcy/you catch me on anybody's block/Reppin' the-the Roc/Hoes they all clock like-

(Chorus)

Memphis Bleek, from "Hey Papi"


Okay, enough hip-hop for now. Back to politics.

|