I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Do You Hear That, Mr. Anderson? That Is The Sound Of Inevitability


The A. Reynolds program learns to copy itself.

I was prepared for this, I was expecting this, yet seeing it in print still blows me away. The A. Reynolds program, along with its clones across the web, are claiming that preventing the threat posed by a single unmarked artillery shell containing sarin necessitated the expenditure of 788 Americans lives.

This is a classic:

BET THEY WISH THEY COULD HAVE THAT ONE BACK

A week ago today, the Des Moines Register ran an editorial saying that Rumsfeld should be fired because he “has been wrong at virtually every turn about the war in Iraq.”

Among the things he got wrong:

"[He] was wrong about Iraq having weapons that posed an urgent threat to the security of the United States."

Whoops.

posted by David Hogberg 7:06 AM


Really Dave? A 155mm Howitzer shell has a cruising range of 220 miles. I'm not sure of the exact distance between Iraq and the US but 220 seems a little short of trans-Atlantic, and thus "urgent," to me.

Yesterday I said it takes considerable brazenness to suggest that a war fought over "stockpiles" of chemical and biological weapons has somehow been vindicated by the discovery of one artillery shell containing a sarin nerve agent. I was wrong. It requires an absolute willingness to disregard any fact or educated opinion which exists outside the interests of your own partisan goal.

|