I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Monday, May 10, 2004

Did I Mention We're In Two Wars?

For those of you playing things fall apart at home, here's your latest RNC talking point.

Are you crazy? We can't afford to lose Rumsfeld now. We're in the middle of two wars damn it!

From Meet The Press:

SEN. JOHN WARNER (R-VA): I want to support our president. The president says he's going to stay and I join you, Lindsey, we're going to support our president and keep him there. But let me remind you, those who are calling for the resignation: We're in two wars (emphasis added)--Afghanistan and Iraq. To pull out the top man at this time and try and go through the complicated procedures of clearances, finding a new individual, bringing him in, bringing in that new individual staff in the few months before the election. Someone better weigh that carefully against these calls for his resignation.

And-

MS. MARY MATALIN: That would be extraordinarily irresponsible in the middle of two wars (emphasis added) to fire the secretary of defense, who has not only been an exceptional secretary of defense, but is a class act.

Update your scorecards...

|