I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I AM UP TO NO GOOD - EMAIL: CHRISTAYLOR2003@COMCAST.NET

Monday, March 28, 2005

Where No Professor Has Gone Before

This must be read to believed, as presidential bioethics-advisor Diana Schaub explains that her opposition to stem-cell research is based on her strong view of immortality, gleamed at least partially from Star Trek... The old one.

Diana Schaub, a Loyola College professor and adviser to President Bush, is convinced that cloning and embryonic stem cell research are evil. She says this belief was formed, in part, by watching Star Trek.

The show has "left me receptive to the view that mortality is, if not precisely a good thing, then at least the necessary foundation of other very good things," she wrote in an article last year. "There is something misguided about the attempt to overcome mortality."


"My beard is engaging in a misguided

attempt to overcome my face."

Via
Amygdala and Matthew Yglesisas.

|